One of the biggest challenges for any company with a website and a blog is creating new and compelling content that will not only engage your readers, but give them something useful that they can use. If you are an e-commerce store, publish articles about how to use the products you sell. If you are a marketing company like us, publish useful marketing information that your clients, and future clients can use. The key is to give people, and the search engines, good and useful information.
This list originally created by HubSpot outlines 20 different strategies that we love and that you can use to write relevant and compelling blog articles. Or if you need to outsource this work you can always give us a call. You will find our contact info at the bottom of this article. So check out the list below:
1. Answer prospects’ questions. Write a blog article that answers questions that you commonly hear
from prospects before they make a purchasing decision.
2. Use survey answers. Create a short survey and send it to your customers. Use the data you receive
back as topics for different blog articles.
3. Review other industry blogs. Find and read other blogs related to your industry and write reviews of
the blog’s content in your blog. Be sure to link back to the article you reviewed and leave a comment on
the article sharing the link to your new post.
4. Write about industry trends. Track what’s trending in your industry on social media sites, and use
trending topics as ideas for blog posts.
5. Write about news stories. Check your social media monitoring tool to find the latest news
developments in your industry, and blog about them.
6. Answer LinkedIn questions. Write an article that answers a question that’s asked on LinkedIn. Make
sure you comment and link back to your article in the LinkedIn group or discussion. Click here for four
ways to get traffic to your blog from LinkedIn Answers.
7. Recruit guest bloggers. Have a customer, partner, or employee write a guest blog post. Click here for
some tips and tricks when recruiting people to write guest blog articles.
8. Use numbered lists. Create numbered lists of top ideas, trends, or opinions related to your industry.
9. Provide useful lists. Publish an educational list of links that relate your industry and business.
10. Be a teacher. Educate and teach people how to do something related to your industry. For example,
create a “how to” guide or checklist.
11. Write about industry experiences. Share a recent experience you had. It might be from a recent
tradeshow, event, or customer experience.
12. Distribute a press release. Write a press release on your blog and create links to related blog
articles. When it’s syndicated, it will still include those links back to your blog articles.
13. Answer email questions. Go through your email inbox and use the questions you get asked for blog
14. Share industry videos. Find a video on YouTube related to your industry and write a review of the
video. Be sure to embed the video into your blog article using YouTube’s video embed code.
15. Incentivize blogging for coworkers. Use an incentive to get company employees to start blogging.
Offer a restaurant gift card, free coffee, or other recognition. Click here to get some more incentive
16. Respond to blog comments. Read and respond to your blog comments and use them to write future
17. Elaborate on FAQs. Take your FAQs website page and turn each FAQ into a separate blog article.
18. Complete Blogging Worksheet. Use your keywords in Keyword Grader and complete this blogging
worksheet to create five articles.
19. Crowdsource from Social Media. Post a question on Facebook and Twitter and write a blog article
reviewing the responses.
20. Show off your customers. Showcase a customer success story and have them do a guest blog post or
quote them in the post you write.
If you have questions or need help with your blog writing or anything surrounding online marketing, please contact our team at http://www.longtermfix.com/contact-us/ or call us at (303) 703-8000.
Eric Graham, Marketing Manager, APM